Friday, April 6, 2012

Question of the day... Where did you go to school for this?

While I am in La Jolla there always seems to be a dominating question that most people ask me all day.  Not sure how it happens, but they always come up with some good ones!  I am going to start sharing some of these questions so that you can learn a little more about me as you view my art.


Where did you go to school for this?  This is today's question.  Many artists study for years and pay lots of money to study artists, learn new mediums, and find a style. Me... mine is a gift.  My abilities are gifts from God.  I never went to any formal art school.  I have been drawing and pursuing art for my entire life.  I have no way to explain how I know how color compliments in the way that it does.  Color has always come natural for me.  Why do yellow and purple compliment each other?  My answer, they are opposite on the color spectrum, it only makes sense.

I have a passion for what I do.  I love being able to capture and recreate the world around me.  It is a gift to be able to see everyday life, but being able to recreate it to enjoy forever is not a talent I take lightly. 

Stay posted for my "Question of the Day"posts.  Some will be informative while others will be quite humorus!

No comments:

Post a Comment